- Business, Economic, and/or Entrepreneurial Accomplishment
- Political, Legal, and/or Governmental Affairs
- Academic Leadership and/or Accomplishment
- Cultural Achievement
- Moral and/or Environmental Leadership
- Contribution to Children, World Peace, and/or Human Rights
- Humanitarian and/or Voluntary Leadership
- Scientific and/or Technological Development
- Personal Improvement and/or Accomplishment
- Medical Innovation
Guidelines for TOYM Judging
- Nominee’s challenges, problems, scope and nominee’s area of activity;
- Exceptional achievements and contribution of nominee;
- Nominee’s exceptional achievements and contribution and the extend which it will benefit the community and the nation;
- Nominee’s achievements and contribution have lived up to the JCI Creed, “that service in humanity is the best work of life”;
- Nominee’s achievements of leadership becoming an inspiration to others.
- Nominees must be between the ages of 18 and 40. Nominees born before 1st of January, 1978 or after 31st of December, 2000 are not eligible for JCI TOYM. A certified copy of the ID/Birth Certificate should be submitted along with the nomination form to prove the age of the nominee.
- The nominee must be a native-born or naturalized citizen of Malaysia, or must have applied for citizenship by 1st of January, 2018.
- The nominee may not be a current member of the Board at the International level of JCI.
- The nominee must sign the official nomination form attesting to all facts contained on the form and granting permission for publication of these facts. By signing this form, the nominee also indicates willingness, barring extreme circumstances, to attend the JCI TOYM Awards Ceremony, if selected as a 2018 Finalist.
- A good quality passport size head-and-shoulder photograph must be submitted with the official nomination form.
- The nominee must be entered in one of the ten categories listed on the form. Each nominee may be nominated in only one category.
- A person who passed away between the TOYM nomination cannot be nominated for the TOYM Award.
- Nomination forms must be received by the 31st July 2018. Nomination forms will only be accepted in ENGLISH.
- Nominees must be willing to promote the ideals of JCI for the year 2018/2019 after winning the award.
- A completed Nomination Form must be filled up and submitted via online to with entry fees ONE THOUSAND RINGGIT MALAYSIA (RM1000.00) on or before 31st of July, 2018.
- All the application/ registration fee are generally non-refundable.
- Nominees shall grant interviews when requested and to help on further promote the ideals of the awards.
- The 2018 TOYM Authorized Auditor shall have the authority to conduct an independent audit to the accuracy of the information stated on the submitted information in the 2018 TOYM nomination.
- Should any fraud information come to light independently of the submission disclosures, the nominee shall be directed to relinquish the TOYM award voluntarily.
- Any person or organization can nominate one or more individual subjects to the requirements stated below. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be made by each nominator but the nominator cannot be the nominee himself/herself.